Removing Speech Commands from List results in Pointer Error

Jul 26, 2009 at 9:22 PM

After adding a few words that I didn't end up using, I decided to delete them. Well, as you may have noticed, there is not clean up of empty lines put on the datagridview (if that's what it is) so it saved the lines back to the virtual file.

After uninstalling and reinstalling and recieving the same error, I began looking into a solution.

Here are the steps I took to correct the issue: (Note: This will erase all commands you have entered, and I have no way of knowing how to recover them before you complete the steps below)

1. I downloaded the source
  2. Added this line to the "Connect" method inside the ThirdHand.Connect.cs file:
    ThirdHand.ThirdHandCommandBindingList.Revert();

3. Rebuild the installer and install.
  4. After the installation completes navigate to the Add-in Manager under Tools and select the Third Hand add in and make sure the "Start" column is selected for Third Hand.
  5. Click OK and select Speech Commands from under Tools.
  6. Create a new command and click OK.
  7. Uninstall the add in using the Setup project.
  8. Reinstall using the downloaded installer (or remove the line added above and rebuild then reinstall using the Setup project)
  9. Select Speech Commands and you'll notice the error has gone and you have the created command added.

I hope this helps anyone who has come to this problem as well.

Unfortunately, I'm not a C# programmer otherwise I would help with making permanent corrections for this issue.

Stephen