Any enhancements planted?

May 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if there may be any plans to enhance this to include actual programming language commands.  I am a longtime windows and web developer using Microsoft products and am currently using VisualStudio 2010. Due to neuromuscular disease, I am losing use of my hands. As you may imagine this makes development pretty difficult. I am using the windows 7 speech recognition to write this discussion now. Though it doesn't work very well in visual studio 2010.

I have been searching for alternatives to be able to code a while longer.

Thank you

Jon

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Hi Jon,

I'm sorry to hear of your condition.  I've been busy with work, so I haven't paid attention to this project.  I'm sure it could be done.  Are there specific features that you are thinking of?  Or are you just looking to dictate code in the editor window?

Phil

Jun 1, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Phil,

Thank you for the reply and your concern.

Basically right now I am looking to hopefully dictate code into the editor, I use VB.net.  One of my ideas is to get naturally speaking professional and possibly feed in the help documents or code from previous projects.  I doubt that that would work that well.  If it is at all possible four third hand to handle this in a more specific manner I feel it would be much more successful in allowing developers like me to stay more viable for a longer period of time.

Anything you can do to that end would be a really fantastic!

Again thank you very much

Jon

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Hi Jon,

I'm getting a few volunteer developers together, and we'll try to start tackling this next week.  It's an ambitious goal, but if we make incremental improvements, hopefully we'll be able to get it to be productive for you.

Phil

Jun 3, 2011 at 6:05 PM

OMG!!!

Really??? I will help in any way I can!!!!!

You are too awesome (ha! I'm cry'n over here - joyfully)

I will also treat you guys to a donation (I hope you all have paypal accounts).

This is unbelievable, this means so much to me and I am sure every other developer that is facing or might face this type of situation.

You and all who help are saints .... I just can't believe this is happening.

I love you guys

Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 1:34 PM
To: jd31068@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Any enhancements planted? [thirdhand:259438]

Hi Jon,

I'm getting a few volunteer developers together, and we'll try to start tackling this next week. It's an ambitious goal, but if we make incremental improvements, hopefully we'll be able to get it to be productive for you.

Phil

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Hi,

What is the status on this?

In the meantime, the project called http://codetalk.codeplex.com/ may be of use to you, Jon. Although, it was meant for users who can use the mouse. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Best regards,
Per Rasmussen.

Jul 4, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Thank you for this I will go check it out now.

Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2011 6:09 PM
To: jd31068@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Any enhancements planted? [thirdhand:259438]

Hi,

What is the status on this?

In the meantime, the project called http://codetalk.codeplex.com/ may be of use to you, Jon. Although, it was meant for users who can use the mouse. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Best regards,
Per Rasmussen.